USER PRIVACY STATEMENT
PADYAK.COM.PH collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications, you have with us.
Scope and Application
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our apps/website or Services to request, delivery of goods/parcel services (“Users”). This Statement does not apply to information we collect from or about couriers who use the PADYAK.COM.PH platform under license (collectively “Couriers”). If you interact with the Services as both a User and a Courier, the respective privacy statements apply to your different interactions.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, items requested (for delivery services), delivery notes, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
- Location Information: When you use the Services for delivery of goods, we collect precise location data about the Delivery of goods from the PADYAK.COM.PH app used by the Courier. If you permit the PADYAK.COM.PH app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Contacts Information: If you permit the PADYAK.COM.PH app to access the address book on your device through the permission system used by your mobile platform, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance of delivery of goods, and other related transaction details.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and various, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Couriers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Important Information About Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the PADYAK.COM.PH app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the PADYAK.COM.PH app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent. To learn about the platform-level permissions that the app seeks, please visit our new iOS Permissions page and Android Permissions page. Sometimes these permissions require more explanation than the platforms themselves provide, and the permissions we request will change over time, so we’ve created these pages to serve as authoritative and up-to-date resources for our users.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your PADYAK.COM.PH account with a payment provider (e.g., PayMaya, PayPal, Google Wallet) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- When you request on demand services, our Couriers may provide us with a User rating after providing services to you.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Couriers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Courier or (ii) between you and a contact of yours whom you wish to deliver the goods, at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as expected date and time of delivery of goods, name and details of courier who will be providing delivery services.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of PADYAK .COM.PH and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
- We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in he PADYAK.COM.PH. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Through Our Services
We may share your information:
• With Couriers to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name, average User rating given by Couriers, and pickup and delivery locations of goods with Couriers;
• With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
•With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate;
Other Important Sharing We may share your information:
- With PADYAK .COM.PH subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of PADYAK .COM.PH or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
PADYAK.COM.PH will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. The Android platform does not provide such a setting.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies and Advertising
Please refer to our Cookie Statement for more information about your choices around cookies and related technologies.
Changes to the Statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
RML PADYAK (“Padyak”) shall ensure that its processing of personal data from its Clients and/or Agents, Riders, and Messengers is in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (“DPA”), its Implementing Rules and Regulations (“DPA IRR”), issuances of the National Privacy Commission (“NPC”) and other applicable laws and regulations on data privacy.
1. Personal information collected or otherwise processed. Padyak collects and processes personal data from or pertaining to the Client when the Client avails of Padyak’s services in order to avail of Private Courier Services.
Such personal data from or pertaining to the Client are as follows:
b. Mobile or landline number;
c. Residential/office/billing address or location;
d. E-mail address;
e. Credit card or debit card number;
Such personal data from or pertaining to the Agents, Riders, and Messengers are as follows:
b. Mobile or landline number;
c. Residential/office/billing address or location of the Agent, Rider, or Messenger through the tracking of the booked vehicle(s);
d. Driver’s License details;
e. Other relevant government-issued ID details including but not limited to NBI or Police Clearance;
f. E-mail address;
g. Credit card or debit card number;
h. Average Monthly Income;
i. Date of birth
Clients and Agents, Riders, and Messengers accept that Padyak and/or its authorized service providers, third party vendors, contractors, subcontractors, agents and corporate partners (“Third Parties”), as well as said Third Parties’ member companies, affiliates and/or service providers, may store information on the Clients and Agents, Riders, and Messengers in order to provide a customized and more efficient experience in accessing or using the service.
If a Client, Agent, Rider, or Messenger provides the personal data of a third party to Padyak, the Client, Agent, Rider, or Messenger warrants that the required consent from the third party concerned was secured prior to providing the personal data pertaining to said third party to Padyak.
2. Purposes. Padyak collects and otherwise processes the above personal data for the following purposes:
a. To confirm or clarify an Order;
b. To track the booked vehicles;
c. To determine compliance with Padyak’s Terms and Conditions;
d. To address Client complaints;
e. To verify the truthfulness of the personal data provided;
f. To facilitate the availment and monitoring of the discounted products and services, special promotions and other benefits;
g. To facilitate the Client’s use of the Courier Services;
h. To administer accounts;
i. To facilitate the Client’s payment for their Orders;
j. To facilitate Participating Agent’s, Rider’s, or Messenger’s share from successfully completed Orders;
k. To provide Clients updates on the fulfillment of Orders;
l. To comply with the orders or regulations of enforcement agencies, judicial and quasi-judicial bodies, or other competent government authority;
m. To protect the Clients, Agents, Riders, and Messengers;
n. To establish, exercise or defend legal claims in favor of or against Padyak;
o. To prevent fraud and illegal activities;
p. To provide information on promos or discounts;
q. To market Padyak’s services;
r. To fulfill any purpose directly related to the above purposes
3. Processing of personal information. Apart from collecting personal data, Padyak shall engage in all other forms of processing, such as recording, organization, storage, updating, modification, retrieval, consultation, use, consolidation, blocking, erasure or destruction of personal data.
4. Sharing of personal information. Padyak may share personal data to third parties for the fulfillment of any of the purposes enumerated above or, in extraordinary circumstances, when Padyak believes that the sharing of such personal data is necessary to prevent a threat to the life or health of another. Such third parties include but are not limited to the following:
a. Clients, Agents, Riders, or Messengers;
b. Subsidiaries, parent company or other related companies;
c. Service providers who provide technical, operational and/or logistical support for all functions necessary, desirable to or in any manner related to the business of Padyak;
d. Courts, quasi-judicial agencies and tribunals, as a response to an order, subpoena or other legal processes;
e. Law enforcement personnel, government agencies and other state entities in the exercise of their investigative or regulatory powers;
f. Entities engaged by Padyak to assist in establishing, exercising or defending legal claims or protecting Padyak’s rights and assets;
g. Corporate and institutional partners;
5. Storage and retention. Personal data collected or otherwise processed by Padyak shall be stored in secure online storage platforms and protected cloud infrastructure. Padyak will retain personal data for as long as the purposes for which they are being processed are not accomplished.
6. Modification or correction of personal information. Clients and Agents, Riders, and Messengers have the right to correct, update or otherwise modify their personal data as collected and processed by Padyak.
7. Revocation of consent. Clients and Agents, Riders, and Messengers have the right to withdraw their consent to the processing of their personal data, object thereto and/or demand that said data be erased from Padyak’s records. The Client, Agent, Rider, and Messenger understand that the withdrawal of their consent, objection to Padyak’s processing and/or demand for erasure may mean that Padyak may be unable to provide its services.
8. Protection of personal data. Padyak implements the organizational, physical and technical measures provided in applicable laws or regulations on data privacy for the protection of personal data. Padyak restricts access of its employees, other than those specifically authorized, to personal information. Padyak undertakes to constantly assess and improve upon its data protection measures to ensure the safety and integrity of the personal data it processes.
By agreeing on these statements hereunder, you agree to the use, storage and utilization of your aforementioned personal data for any of the purposes stated above. In the event that you shall request access to your Personal Data, Padyak may charge you a reasonable administrative fee to meet its costs in providing the requested information.